The Kosovo Specialist Chambers (KSC) is pleased to announce an essay competition for law students.
All interested students from public or private universities in Kosovo are encouraged to submit a contribution by 30 November 2022.
Essays will be reviewed by a panel including experts in the field of international law.
Participants will be informed by email of the outcome. The students with the top three essays will be awarded books in the field of international law about to a value of 250 Euros.
All interested students should carefully read the following rules to ensure that their entry is accepted into the competition.
KSC Essay Competition Rules
- Law students have to be enrolled at a university in Kosovo at the bachelor or master level.
- Students may select a topic of their choosing, as long as it is legal in nature and relates to the Kosovo Specialist Chambers.
- Examples of potential topics might include:
- decisions/approaches taken by judges and panels of judges of the Specialist Chambers (i.e. jurisprudence);
- comparisons with the decisions/jurisprudence of other courts;
- topics related to the KSC’s legal framework.
- The essay should clearly and concisely set forth the topic of choice from a legal perspective. Please avoid speculative topics.
- Only high quality academic entries will be accepted and considered. The work must be your own. For more information on guidelines of academic integrity, see here.
- Entries will be evaluated on the basis of originality of ideas, clarity of presentation and expression, compelling argumentation, and linguistic factors such as syntax, grammar and spelling, as well as on overall readability.
- Submissions should include references and bibliography. The word count should be between a minimum of 1,500 words and a maximum of 4,000 words of body text, excluding references and bibliography.
- Submissions should be in 12-point Times New Roman font, double-spaced. The essay should also have a designated title page with the name of the essay, the name of the author, and the word count.
- Essays should be submitted in one of the three official languages of the Kosovo Specialist Chambers (Albanian, Serbian or English).
- Essays should be submitted as an MS Word and a PDF file. Other versions will not be accepted.
- Submissions should be sent to [email protected], indicating in the subject line of the email, “Essay Competition.”
- Please also include in the body of the email your name, the name of your university, the faculty and programme you are following.
- Along with your essay, please also submit a completed and signed Release Form, consenting to the processing of personal data for the administration of the competition.
- The deadline for submissions has been extended to 1 September 2022 at 23:59 (11:59 P.M.)
By submitting an essay, participants acknowledge that essays not in line with the above instructions may be disqualified.
The students with the top three essays will be awarded a book or books in international law up to a value of 250 Euros.
For any questions related to the essay competition, send an email with your question to [email protected].
The KSC Outreach Programme Privacy Statement can be found here.